Wednesday, October 7, 2009



Thanks to a new friend (Donna-Rae), who inspired me to begin my blog.   Your phone call came just at the right time!


I met Donna-Rae this time last year as our home was featured on a fall Home Tour to benefit Hillcrest Christian School in Thousand Oaks.  She was our docent for the day, and we had a wonderful time together.   


As we spoke about this year's event, she mentioned that she loved reading blogs, especially sugarpiefarmhouse.com.  She said, "It's like getting a new magazine in the mail every week." Well, if you've read my profile, you already know that my favorite thing is not diamonds, lavish vacations or $200 jeans. It's just a good magazine -- especially Country Living.  But then I found their website.  I almost like that even more!  


So after my kidlets are fast asleep and I've folded my last basket of towels , I settle in at my desk, click on countryliving.com and escape into their beautiful farm house kitchens and onto their pumpkin laden porches.  And then while there, I somehow stumbled onto a blog.  Oh my. Have you found thefarmhousechicks.typepad.com?  My new bestfriends!


Well, I thought, "If they can do it, maybe I can too." Though I'm not computer savvy and am totally intimidated by others' amazingly gorgeous and inspirational blogs, I'll do my best.   So as the calendar turns to welcome October 1st,  I too welcome you to my new blog, Room Sweet Room.


I hope to update it several times a week as I know it's fun to enter a blog and find new photos and a few lines from a new "friend."   As I write this, my husband is hard at work (especially in this economy) and my kids are off to school.  I promise to put their needs first before mine.  Meaning, I won't be off shooting photos in the backyard while my daughter wants to craft or my son wants to play soccer.  I promise to blog during "me time" only.   So hopefully my "me time" won't be eaten up by flu bugs and vet visits!  


Room Sweet Room is for all those who love God, Family and Home.  It's for those who feel so very blessed and are grateful for all they have.  And if you're like me, I'm sure you find great joy in sharing what you have with others.  I recently made a sign and placed it outside my front door that reads, "Cheerfully Share Your Home..." 1 Peter 4.9


Welcome to Room Sweet Room, my friend.  I look forward to sharing it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Room Sweet Room

Welcome to Room Sweet Room